Industrial Maintenance Technician (Evening)
Job ID: 9527
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2022
- Primary responsibility is to maintain all facility equipment in proper and safe operating condition in order to minimize downtime for operations.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on conveyor systems.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on all lift trucks and powered equipment, dock plates, trailer restraints, and overhead doors.
- Performs repairs and modifications to facility electrical and lighting systems.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance to HVAC system including office and warehouse rooftop units.
- Utilizes Parts Manuals and CMMS software to identify and locate required parts.
- Interior finish work and repairs including painting and drywall.
- Performs repairs to plumbing system including commercial restroom fixtures.
- Maintains large stationary air compressors and air distribution pipes.
- General building and grounds maintenance.
- General housekeeping.
Miscellaneous duties as may be assigned by Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, or Maintenance Manager.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in one or more of the following industrial maintenance areas: conveyor systems, Raymond electric lift trucks, facility electrical systems (including 480V 3 phase).
- Previous experience or ability to be trained in the following areas: label applicators, bar code scanners, box erectors, lift truck battery changing and service, dock plates, overhead doors, air compressors, plumbing, welding/fabrication, HVAC.
- Must be highly reliable and have demonstrated excellent attendance record.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasional basis; and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, and support for company goals.
- Responsible for following all safety standards while completing tasks.
- Demonstrate flexibility when asked to change work schedule as required for company needs or training.
- MUST SUPPLY OWN BASIC HAND TOOLS, specialized tools and test equipment will be provided.
- Must be able to become certified to operate all types of Guitar Center powered equipment, including wire-guided operator-elevated lift trucks.