Technician, Repair Shop
Job ID: 9586
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2022
The purpose of this job is to repair musical instruments in a timely and proficient manner so that the instrument is returned in good playing order. A technician can specialize in one type of instrument, or work on multiple types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on rental returned instruments in an efficient and timely manner ensuring each instrument is repaired according to established quality guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records for production reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Apprenticeship or diploma from an accredited repair school is preferred.
- 2 years of relevant work experience repairing musical instruments on a daily basis.
- Skilled understanding and function of one or all brass, woodwind, percussion and orchestral instruments.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to repair instruments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to take advice and supervisor from the shop manager.
- Problem solving and technical skills as related to diagnosing and repairing each instrument.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Must be able to work with others in a close environment.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment subject to moderate temperature changes and noise.
- Ability to work with or near chemicals and/or cleaning solvents.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk throughout the Distribution Center for long periods of time and move, lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.