Outbound Equipment Operator (Mon-Fri)
Job ID: 9900
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 9, 2023
Basic Function: Transports product via powered equipment for the Music & Arts department. Moves material between departments or in and out of storage locations. Makes sure that product is properly allocated for storage or shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Store or retrieve product using appropriate powered equipment.
- Check accuracy of pallets moved.
- Majority of time spent operating powered lift equipment, but will require working in small good shelves as well.
- Receive and execute work orders and material movement instruction from DAX system.
- Retrieve product from proper location for shipment.
- Allocate product for storage in proper Reserve location.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- Must be Guitar Center certified to operate all power equipment or be willing and able to satisfy certification process if selected.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must have aptitude to work with DAX system and properly identify, retrieve, move, and secure product for storage or shipment.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when processing orders for storage or shipment.
- Must be reliable; able to maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Must be flexible to work in other production areas and able to address changing priorities.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to other drivers and processors in all departments.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and support for company goals.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.