Receiving Equipment Operator (Fri-Sun)
Job ID: 11255
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 10, 2023
The Receiving/Non-Con Lift Driver transports product via powered equipment for the Receiving and Shipping departments by loading and unloading trailers and transporting both conveyable and non-conveyable product to the proper storage location or processing department.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Transport product to Shipping or Reserve.
- Check accuracy of shipment.
- Receive inbound product and check accuracy of order.
- Retrieve product from proper location for shipment to store.
- Unload product from the trailer using appropriate powered equipment.
- Scan and receive material movement instruction from PkMS system. (Non-Con)
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must have aptitude to work with PkMS system and properly identify, retrieve, move, and secure product for shipment.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when processing orders for shipment.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently without constant supervision, as well as part of the team.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to drivers and processors in all departments.
- Must be Guitar Center certified to operate power equipment or be willing and able to satisfy certification process.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and support for company goals.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Prior powered equipment experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Operating powered equipment on a constant basis.
- Able to lift 30 – 40 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory.