GC Retail Lead Customer Service Associate Store 551
Job ID: 12086
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: May 19, 2023
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave--take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Lead Customer Service Associate, you will be responsible to deliver an exceptional customer experience in our stores, providing guidance to other associates within the store, maintaining strong individual sales performance levels and merchandising inventory.
A few special characteristics that make our Lead Customer Service Associates successful:
- Coaching: Able to provide effective coaching and guidance to others. Able to lead by example and serve as a positive role model for productivity and behaviors.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales and leadership.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Lead Customer Service Associate you will:
- Provide sales guidance to associates on the sales floor
- Manage customer interaction -- maintain a strong individual sales presence by assisting customers to ensure they receive the level of service needed
- Learning -- continue education to hone product, sales, and leadership skills. Continual learning through certification and continuing education process
- Assist with the execution of all tasks to ensure the store is ready to conduct business (e.g. replenish displays, filling holes and ensuring displays are functional)
- Hold "The Mic" to drive sales when scheduled, acting as a role model for sales productivity and behaviors
- Ensure price updates are executed and POP standards are maintained in accordance with daily merchandising standard
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job?related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1?818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)