Repair Tech Area Specialist-D35
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12145
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: May 23, 2023
**As an Repair Tech Area Specialist, you will be based out of your home store location and not expected nor required to relocate.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Repair Tech Area Specialist, you will provide maintenance and repair service on customer owned instruments, as well as assist in maintaining store owned equipment. In addition, the Area Specialist will provide guidance and assistance to other Repair Techs within a specific geographical area.
A few special characteristics that make our Repair Tech Area Specialist successful:
- Coaching: Able to provide effective coaching and guidance to others. Able to lead by example and serve as a positive role model for productivity and behaviors.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Training: Able to effectively train learners and communicate info and techniques so that they are retained.
As our Repair Tech Area Specialist, you will:
- Interact with customers, offering consultative services that lead to the sale of repair services and merchandise and a positive customer experience
- Service customer-owned instruments with a high level of craftsmanship
- Travel to stores within a specific geographical region to provide certification and skills training. Including New Hire training, Grand Opening training, etc.
- Evaluate store performance and give recommendations on areas for improvement within the store and reporting issues to Repair Support team at GC Headquarters
- Field support calls/emails form Support Techs in assigned areas
- Maintain store owned gear as requested
- Complete warranty repair work as requested
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of repair tech experience
- 1+ year of professional customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance
- Intermediate proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].