Sr. Data Analyst
Job ID: 12637
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2023
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sr. Data Analyst will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of enterprise-wide data. Connect with business teams to capture and analyze complex business problems. Provide guidance and support on Self-Serve capabilities using Tableau and Redshift. Chosen candidate will be building statistical and regression models to support applications and will be part of a team operationalizing the model outcomes into user facing applications. Candidate should be more business savvy than Data Science savvy and will be involved in translating to stakeholders, figuring out issues and helping them deliver data stories better, in addition to hands-on involvement with data. Selected candidate will be affectively bridging the gap in communication between data scientists/ data engineers and stakeholders
- Highly experienced in developing Tableau Dashboards and data models using custom sql, data extracts and real time integrations with Redshift data base
- 2+ years of experience in full lifecycle implementation and support of Data Lake/ BI solutions
- 4+ years of experience in design, development, testing, deploying and supporting data visualizations and analytics solutions using SQL on Amazon Redshift , Spectrum, Oracle DB as well as using Tableau, Kibana, Powe BI and like tools
- Hands on experience building regression, classification, Deep learning models and taking it to production with good accuracy rates
- Experience in building unsupervised continuous learning models and work with data engineers to optimize and operationalize.
- Should be hands on with Sage maker, Jupiter notebook or like platforms to analyze and build models
- Self-sufficient in handling large volumes of data with excellent SQL skills
- Eager to learn / get trained on new Time series data stores like Apache pinto
- Familiarity or experience with Apache Pinot is a plus
- Exposure to AWS Lambdas, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Airflow for orchestration is a plus
- Design/ Architect frameworks to Operationalize ML models through serverless architecture and support unsupervised continuous training models
- Take over and scale our data models (Tableau, Dynamo DB, Kibana)
- Communicate data-backed findings to a diverse constituency of internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- 8 or more years of experience working directly with enterprise data solutions
- Hands on experience working in a public cloud environment and on-prem infrastructure.
- Specialty on Columnar Databases like Redshift Spectrum, Time Series data stores like Apache Pinot and the AWS cloud infrastructure
- familiarity with in-memory, serverless, streaming technologies and orchestration tools such as Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes
- Current hands-on implementation experience required, possessing 3 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
- AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty desirable
- Experience designing and implementing AWS big data and analytics solutions in large digital and retail environments is desirable
- Advanced knowledge and experience in online transactional (OLTP) processing and analytical processing (OLAP) databases, data lakes, and schemas.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Data Lake Technologies and operational experience of Kinesis/Kafka, S3, Glue and Athena.
- Experience with a wide variety of modern data processing technologies, including
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave--take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $77,600 - 103,400 /yr depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.