Job ID: 12157
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2023
The Site Merchandising and Planning Manager (eMerchant) is responsible for developing and optimizing our digital channel product amplification strategy. The position is also responsible for leading the digital planning and execution of our campaigns across a variety of channels while working closely with cross-functional team members to develop and implement strategies that align with our overall business goals.
- Develop and execute the ecommerce merchandising strategy to drive revenue growth and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead the engineering of product collections and product positioning strategies to achieve sales and margin goals.
-Manage website content and product assortments, ensuring that product information is accurate and up to date
- Work closely with product merchants to understand their needs and objectives and provide recommendations and solutions accordingly
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that the ecommerce site and product pages are optimized for maximum conversion.
- Analyze product financials and ecommerce site metrics and identify areas for improvement to enhance the customer journey.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the customer experience, such as personalization and site optimization.
- Stay up to date on ecommerce industry trends and emerging technologies and recommend innovative solutions to improve the ecommerce experience.
- Manage the ecommerce merchandising team and provide direction and support to ensure team members are achieving their goals and objectives.
- Monitor competitor websites and stay up to date on industry trends and best practices
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling content and promotions that drive traffic and sales
- Partner closely with the IT organization to ensure that website functionality is optimized for the user experience
- Maintain a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, and use this knowledge to inform merchandising decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in website merchandising, e-commerce, or related field
- Proven track record of developing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data and make data-driven business decisions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing people and providing direction and support to team members.
- Experience with website merchandising tools and technologies
- High proficiency with Excel, including expertise with Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, and advanced formulas.
- Strong proficiency with digital platforms and technologies such as Tableau and Adobe Experience Cloud.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and SEO
- Strong understanding of website usability and user experience best practices
- Musical Instruments knowledge and/or (MI) Industry (retail, call center, MI Manufacturer/Supplier etc.) experience a plus.
- Product Merchant background a plus.
Ownership: Possess a high degree of business/financial acumen and the keen sense of accountability and responsibility required for success. Ability to run a business.
People Leadership: Ability to manage, inspire, and hold accountable a team of skilled professionals.
Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
Customer Focus: Able to understand and focus on the customer experience when designing services and processes. Acts with customer in mind, keeping focus on meeting expectations and requirements of all customers
Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means with diverse individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by inspiring our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to develop lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound
Love this job and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pay Rate: $74,625- $88,400 / annually depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected]