Job ID: 12431
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Manhattan, NY
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2023
Pay Rate: $17.25/hr - $21.56/hr depending on background and experience.
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave--take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Lead Operations Associate, you will be a key operational resource for the store management team, performing detailed merchandising projects while partnering with the sales team to ensure the best possible customer experience.
A few special characteristics that make our Lead Operations Associates successful:
• Coaching: Able to provide effective coaching and guidance to others. Able to lead by example and serve as a positive role model for productivity and behaviors.
• Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
• Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
• Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales, and leadership.
• Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
• Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
• Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
• Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Lead Operations Associate you will:
• Inventory and Cycle Counting of Inventory
• Shipping and receiving of gear and other items
• Stocking and warehouse organization and GC.com in-store pick up
• Hold internal keys to cases, cages and displays
• Merchandising including planograms and advance display building and maintenance
• Printing and placing of signage and price signs (POP)
• Cash Handling
• Shrink awareness and prevention, Expense control, Loss Prevention, and store standards
• Guidance and a resource to other associates within the store and Training of Operations Associates
• May be called upon to hold "The Mic" and lead the sales floor
• Additional duties as assigned.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].