Why Guitar Center? Here’s just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave—take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team accountable for ensuring that merchandise is properly received, properly stocked, brought to the sales floor, and merchandised according to planograms, promotions, and standards all while creating and nurturing our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Operations Managers successful:
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees' readiness and ability and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Operations Manager, you will:
- Partner with the Store Manager and other members of the management team to achieve EBITDA, sales, and margin goals
- Ensure proper staffing levels within the department including hire and train the operations associates
- Assist in training all level of operations associates
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other store related items
- Warehouse organization and stocking and Maintenance of the facility
- Loss prevention and safety, inventory management, cash management, and business reporting
- Conduct standardized signage/pricing audits on a weekly basis, ensuring product is merchandised to planogram standards (including POP, SKU, and inventory integrity audits).
- Driving sales by acting manager in charge when necessary
- Opening and closing of the store
- Additional duties as assigned
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Valid state driver’s license and automotive insurance.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Associates Degree
- Understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes