Store Pack Processor (Mon-Thur)
Job ID: 13180
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2023
The Store Pack Processor provides general distribution processing functions for the Store Pack Department as needed and is responsible for the labeling, scanning, packing, and movement of product.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Fills store orders by picking and packing loose product from the flow lane racks.
- Operates RF equipment for processing purposes; inputs data and retrieves work orders /data from the warehouse management system (PkMS).
- Cartons product, adds packing fill material as needed, and tapes cartons for further processing.
- Builds cartons for flow lane packers.
- Labels cartons for store designation in shipping.
- Moves between flow lanes as instructed when workflow or volume requires.
- Provides work instruction to associates temporarily assigned to the area.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department, including work area clean up and sweeping.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must have aptitude to work with computer systems (PkMS) and RF equipment in an automated warehouse environment.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when entering data.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to co-workers.
- Must have strong focus on quality.
- Must have excellent customer service focus when completing tasks that impact the retail store.
- Must have a positive attitude and demonstrate support for company goals.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Able to lift 30 – 40 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime which is sometimes mandatory.
Personal Protection Equipment:
Gloves (provided and recommended, but not required)
Backbelts (provided – required for lifting over 25 lbs.)