GC Retail Sales Associate Store 857
Job ID: 13455
Job Type: Part-time
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2023
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Sales Associate, you will serve as the face of Guitar Center in the store, greeting customers, qualifying their needs, matching their need to the right product, and pitching and overcoming objections to close the sale.
A few special characteristics that make our Sales Associates successful:
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales, and leadership.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
As our Sales Associate, you will:
- Reach sales targets on services
- Demonstrate product and service knowledge to customers
- Assist customers and guide them through the sales process
- Continual learning through the onboarding, certification, and continuing education process
- Assisting with the execution of all tasks to ensure the store is ready to conduct business and service customers
- Keep an eye on inventory levels and replenish displays as needed
- Clienteling/build relationships with customers to fulfill future service needs
- Additional duties as assigned
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong orientation towards providing excellent customer service
- High attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of Musical Instruments sold within Guitar Center (Guitars, Drums, Tech, etc.)
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].