Supervisor Loss Prevention & Safety
Job ID: 13733
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2023
Job Summary: The Loss Prevention and Safety Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the overall safety and security of the Distribution Center, its associates, and property. Additionally the position ensures strict adherence to both OSHA guidelines and CTPAT compliance. The position will also supervise a team of 5 direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure OSHA, GC safety and security policy compliance within facility including adherence to strict confidentiality and recordkeeping.
- Investigate workplace accident and injuries to determine root cause analysis.
- Conduct various safety related training, including orientations, as well as powered equipment safety training.
- Maintain building alarms, badge access systems and CCTV surveillance equipment.
- Conduct internal theft investigations and interviews.
- Auditing and maintenance of facility Emergency Action Plans.
- Acting as a first responder to on the job workplace incidents.
- Act as liaison for several 3rd party vendors such as contract security, supply vendors, alarm and CCTV vendors.
- Creating, tracking, receiving, and reconciling purchase orders.
- Provide supervision, coaching, and development for direct reports as well as writing and conducting annual performance appraisals.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of new LP & Safety team members.
- Partnering with the various members of the HR team to assist with employee relation issues related to safety and/or security.
- Work with various internal teams to ensure adherence to CTPAT guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Safety Manager.