Seasonal Warehouse Associate, GSU
Job ID: 13799
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2023
Provides general distribution processing functions for the Shipping Department as needed and is responsible for the labeling, scanning, packing, and movement of product.
- Hand stack product safely and securely with an emphasis on product quality for shipment to the retail stores.
- Provides relief to other shipping lanes when volume/ activity requires; remains productive at all times.
- Secures trailer load for shipment.
- Provides work instruction to associates temporarily assigned to the area.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department, including work area clean-up and sweeping.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
$500 Sign-on Bonus
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and focus on quality.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and flexibility to assist other busier shipping lanes as required by the work volume.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to co-workers.
- Must have excellent customer service focus when completing tasks which impact the retail store.
- Must have a positive attitude and demonstrate support for company goals.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Able to lift 30 -- 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs with help on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory.