Job ID: 14101
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2023
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the retail business, providing leadership and vision to your team to ensure that desired results are achieved. Our Store Managers oversee and direct the delivery of products, services or functions at group, regional or divisional levels of organizations all while creating and nurturing our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Store Managers successful:
- Master of your Business: Understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Able to evaluate and solve problems effectively.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Performance Management: Able to lead, manage, and mentor others. Able to lead by example and develop the skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides effective positive and constructive feedback.
As our Store Manager, you will:
- Achieve revenue and EBITDA targets while managing P&L
- Recruit, interview and hire managers and associates
- Train, mentor, and develop staff to reach potential in a growing company
- Hiring responsibilities included but not limited to; utilizing internal recruitment system, attending hiring events, and creating pipeline for all associate level roles.
- Ensure the proper staffing and coverage is in place through correct scheduling to forecasted sales
- Building strategies to maintain positive Customer Satisfaction scores
- Maintain company and store merchandising standards, overseeing efforts to consistently present an organized, clean, and fun in-store experience
- Maintain and foster an inclusive environment
- Additional duties as assigned
- 4+ years of previous experience operating/managing in similar environments
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience leading teams
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Up to 5% domestic travel to attend meetings and trainings
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understanding of retail systems and processes
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].