Pay Rate: $64,480 - $82,400 depending on background and experience
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the safe, secure, and environmentally-sound operations and maintenance of the Guitar Center all while supporting our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Facilities Manager successful:
- Analytical Skills: Able to explore information, data, and reports, and other items in order to identify issues and extract meaningful insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance.
- Business Acumen: ROI-focused and understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Able to make strategic business decisions that support financial targets including budgets.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (verbal, written, and presentation) with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise manner.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective in a timely manner. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment.
- Project Management: Able to develop and execute project plans, coordinating groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and following through to track progress and ensure timely completion. Able to identify methods for improving existing processes, practices, and procedures. Able to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Facilities Manager, you will get to:
- Manage contractors, suppliers, and other third parties to coordinate the successful completion of store repair and maintenance issues.
- Effective facilities management including vendor and contractor negotiations. Will be responsible for servicing anywhere from 80-100+ locations.
- Responsible for maintaining budgets for categories including but not limited to Repairs and Maintenance, HVAC, Trash, and capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for the adherence to store facilities budget through use of historical and current trend analysis.
- Monitor monthly facilities expenses and open to spend for the month end reporting and reconciliation of variances.
- Continually analyze all data points to either drive out costs or increase quality of the maintenance process.
- Responsible for developing local vendors for individual districts where possible.
- Assist in the timely execution of capital projects in assigned territory as well as any special projects/initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Maintaining our Service Channel internet data base for historical tracking of repairs and maintenance purchase orders, vendor contacts, landlord correspondence, auditing, and processing invoices for payment.
- Work cross functionally with Legal, Real Estate, Construction, Loss Prevention, Operations/Sales, Visual Merchandising, and A/P departments.
- Schedule and coordinate project work with on-site managers ensuring thorough communication at all times.
- Follow up with store team to ensure quality of work performed by vendor/landlord representatives.
- Serve as direct contact for Managers, District Managers, RVPs, and Landlords for any facilities management-related issues for assigned store locations.
- Ensure accuracy of all facilities management records to include, but not be limited to, information pertaining to maintenance repairs/replacements in facilities management software and landlord documentation for store maintenance and legal files, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.