This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 15240
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2023
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Infrastructure team is responsible for the availability and stability of all infrastructure related services across the enterprise. This includes systems in locations such as Retail Stores, Data Centers, Metro Area offices, and remote workforce.
The Systems Engineering role a technical role responsible for the implementation and management of hosting solutions for the enterprise. This role will work closely alongside other members of the Infrastructure Engineering team in the day-to-day support of Servers, Storage, UCS/ESX, VMware, and other full stack infrastructure related technologies. The primary objective is to provide stability and resiliency for hardware, software, infrastructure related services and other advanced technologies supporting various lines of business.
- Implement and contribute to the improvement of processes to align with execution strategy for maintaining and developing new infrastructures in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Implements strong configuration management and technology certification processes – ensures that all technology solutions moving into production are ready for such a state and that all control measures are being properly followed
- Implements product lifecycle and refresh programs – responsible for proper adhering to designated budgets, coordination, and management of the deployment of lifecycle refreshes including organizing communication with the business segments for the implications of technology refreshes
- Operationally support and own all tools and platforms that influence the Distributed Server and Operating System function.
- Carries and maintains a relevant and up to date skill set in the areas of Storage and Data Protection, x86 hardware technology, Windows, Linux, VMware, and deployment and automation
- Ability to describe and differentiate the features, benefits and disadvantages of competing virtualization and cloud platforms
- Individual must be highly resourceful and independent with the ability to quickly learn multiple disciplines and achieve manufacturer certification levels
- Acts as support owner and contact for all hosting infrastructure environments, collaborating with other project team members and management orchestrate environment changes including software/hardware upgrades, and patches working with the vendor support for escalation of issues, including on-call rotation with Infrastructure operations team
- Respond to service tickets related to the operating system support and hosting ecosystems
- Assist in creation and documentation of day-to-day operational procedures
- Provide system reports on both a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Improve automation and productivity of provisioning and maintenance through scripting enhancements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- of experience in cross discipline tech stack management including:
- Experience with server OS technologies (Windows/Linux)
- Configuration and Package Management (Ansible/Rundeck/Tanium)
- IAM Services (Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta)
- Windows DNS/IPAM/RADIUS
- Exchange Server
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Enterprise Storage Platforms/Data Protection (Pure, Nimble, Commvault)
- Experience with VMware based technologies (ESX/UCS, VDI)
- Cloud Providers (OCI/AWS/Azure)
- Exceptional communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel across diverse cultures.
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure.
- Analytical Skills: Explores information, data, reports, and/or items to extract meaningful insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance. Able to understand marketing data and analysis and develop campaign recommendations and optimizations from these insights.
- Business Acumen: Understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Makes business decisions that support financial targets.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in and leading groups, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Proven cross-functional team participation capabilities. Able to work effectively with internal and external partners to accomplish goals.
- Customer Focus: Able to understand and focus on the customer experience when designing services and processes. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Delegation: Able to delegate both routine and significant tasks and decisions. Assesses employees' readiness and ability, and assigns tasks that are appropriate to their skill level. Follows up as needed and share both responsibility and accountability.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate with diverse people in a clear, concise, and courteous manner through multiple methods, including verbal and written. Caters messages to specific audiences. Demonstrates respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities and issues and proactively follow through to capitalize and resolve them. Takes positive action without necessarily being requested to do so, and thinks critically to identify solutions. Driven by continuous process improvement and creativity. Tireless worker with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Establishes a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Manages multiple projects and pays strong attention to detail. Completes tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Performance Management: Able to develop skills and capabilities of direct reports to ensure goals are met. Provides constructive & positive feedback, conducts performance appraisals, and provides learning and development opportunities.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
Oversee and direct the delivery of products, services, or functions at group, regional or divisional levels of organizations. Receive directions from the Executive/Senior Level management and typically lead major business units. Implement policies, programs, and directives of executive/senior management through subordinate managers and within the parameters set by Executive/Senior Level management. Serve at functional, line of business segment or branch levels and are responsible for directing and executing the day-to-day operational objectives of enterprises/organizations, conveying the directions of higher-level officials and managers to subordinate personnel and, in some instances, directly supervising the activities of exempt and non-exempt personnel.