Reserve Equipment Operator (Fri-Sun)
Job ID: 15322
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2023
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Allocate product for storage in proper Reserve location.
- Check accuracy of pallets moved.
- Retrieve product from proper location for shipment.
- Store or retrieve product using appropriate powered equipment.
- Receive and execute work orders and material movement instruction from PkMS system.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must have aptitude to work with PkMS system and properly identify, retrieve, move, and secure product for storage or shipment.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and efficiency when processing orders for storage or shipment.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to work independently without constant supervision, as well as part of the team.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to drivers and processors in all departments.
- Must be Guitar Center certified to operate all power equipment or be willing and able to satisfy certification process.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and support for company goals.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Prior powered equipment experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Operating powered equipment on a constant basis.
- Able to lift 30 – 40 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory.
Personal Protection Equipment:
Gloves (provided and recommended, but not required)
Backbelts (provided – required for lifting over 25 lbs.)
Harness (provided – required depending on type of powered equipment)