Shipping Processor (Fri-Sun)
Job ID: 15323
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2023
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Hand stack product safely and securely with an emphasis on product quality for shipment to the retail stores.
- Provides relief to other shipping lanes when volume/ activity requires; remains productive at all times.
- Secures trailer load for shipment.
- Provides work instruction to associates temporarily assigned to the area.
- Meet productivity standards for the department.
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the department, including work area clean-up and sweeping.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work in other production areas as determined by work volume.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by area supervisor.
Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to read and write English and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and focus on quality.
- Must be well organized and able to address changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and flexibility to assist other busier shipping lanes as required by the work volume.
- Must have strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate detailed information to co-workers.
- Must have excellent customer service focus when completing tasks which impact the retail store.
- Must have a positive attitude and demonstrate support for company goals.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work requires constant alertness in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot conditions during summer months.
- The noise level is moderate.
- Able to lift 30 – 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs with help on an occasional basis.
- The physical demand typically applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, carrying, pushing, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
- Must be flexible to working overtime, which is sometimes mandatory.
Personal Protection Equipment:
Gloves (provided and recommended, but not required)
Backbelts (provided – required for lifting over 25 lbs.)