Pay Rate: $77,000 - $90,000 depending on background and experience.
This position is eligible to participate in the Guitar Center Company bonus program based on Company performance.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Asset Protection Manager, you will be responsible for protecting the assets (people, inventory, cash) of Guitar Center while serving as a liaison between the Stores teams, Asset Protection partners, and Support Center staff. This role facilitates project management oversight for company-wide projects in physical security, merchandise protection, safety, and administration while controlling expenses and maximizing effectiveness to reduce losses. Service level deliverables, especially on a corporate campus, promote our brand values, seek economic value, and promote best-in-class customer service to foster a safe place to work and shop. This position provides support services to Guitar Center and Music & Arts locations.
A few special characteristics that make our Asset Protection Manager successful:
- Business Acumen: ROI-focused and understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Able to make strategic business decisions that support financial targets including budgets.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (verbal, written, and presentation) with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise,
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective in a timely manner. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment.
- Project Management: Able to develop and execute project plans, coordinating groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and following through to track progress and ensure timely completion. Able to identify methods for improving existing processes, practices, and procedures. Able to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Asset Protect Manager, you will get to:
- Manage Physical Security Programs (to include Intrusion alarms, Fire alarms, CCTV systems) and coordinating installs, maintenance, training, and exception reporting.
- Assist user community with passcode additions/deletion/changes and troubleshooting and coordinating maintenance requests. (Liaison with Construction, Facilities, Stores, and RLPMS).
- Coordinate Physical Security programs for Corporate campus to include Intrusion alarms, Access control, CCTV systems, security officers (liaison multi-levels to include Facilities, IT, Operations, Human Resources, Asset Protection Director and Finance.
- Coordinate Merchandise Protection devices, including ordering, store fulfillment, invoicing (Liaison with Asset Protection Field team, Construction, Grand Opening Teams, Viz Merch)
- Manage Safety Program on a corporate campus, including emergency response and the execution of business continuity plans. Oversee Safety Team including recruiting, PPE equipment, Coordinating training sessions for First Aid and AED use.
- Manage Departmental purchase orders and Invoice processing (Basware).
- Analyze data, reports, information, to identify expense anomalies or fluctuations and develop action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Review monthly budget forecasts and prepare an annual departmental budget.
- Provide ongoing support (Stores or Office) and respond effectively to calls, emails, requests for assistance.
- Ensure accurate records, reports, case files and maintain confidentiality.
- Executes updates to LP Library in Backstage 365 including policies and procedures reports.
- Executes AP awareness center updates monthly and ongoing maintenance.
- Write all AP related Backstage 365 communication for stores and support centers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably Criminal Justice or Business Administration
- 3 years+ of Project Management experience handling multi-faceted, cross-functional assignments with dynamic timelines.
- LPQualified (LPQ) or LPCertified (LPC) certified
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].