Pay Rate: $28.70/hr - $32.10/hr depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Store Experience Specialist, you will be responsible for clienteling, discount management, Guitar Center Gear Card, sales reporting, OSAT, store events, associate incentives, sales training, and promotion execution all while supporting our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Store Experience Specialist successful:
- Analytical Skills: Able to explore information, data, and reports, and other items in order to identify issues and extract meaningful insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance.
- Business Acumen: ROI-focused and understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Able to make strategic business decisions that support financial targets including budgets.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (verbal, written, and presentation) with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective in a timely manner. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment.
- Project Management: Able to develop and execute project plans, coordinating groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and following through to track progress and ensure timely completion. Able to identify methods for improving existing processes, practices, and procedures. Able to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Store Experience Specialist, you will get to:
- Create written field communications and assemble promotional materials.
- Work interdepartmentally at the Support Center coordinating project or promotional execution to produce thorough guidance for the field as needed.
- Provide store support for inquiries or reported issues from the field about all Sales Administration Team programs as needed.
- Assist Manager of Sales Administration and Retail Support in user experience designs for IT related projects.
- Assist Manager of Sales Administration and Retail Support in the design and implementation of store processes, policies, or procedures to improve customer and associate store experience.
- Conduct UAT testing for other business projects as requested.
- Work with our Sales Administration and Retail Support team to identify sales outreach or system enhancement opportunities, making changes to existing processes where needed to adapt to ongoing changes in the field.
- Review sales research and analysis as needed.
- Act as a sales process subject matter expert or Sales Administration Team liaison on special projects, interacting with store leadership teams as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years' of experience supporting big box retail environments.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or Communications.
- Previous experience creating and distributing retail sales communication including experience process manuals.
- Previous experience creating written internal communications for retail environments.
- Intermediate proficiency with POS systems and/or Guitar Center Retail SPO
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].