GC Retail Drum and Percussion Specialist Store 441
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 16202
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2024
As a Drum and Percussion Specialist, you will be the face of Guitar Center’s Drum Shop, responsible for providing exceptional customer service and driving Drum and Percussion sales. Your duties will include greeting customers, understanding their needs, recommending the right products, and overcoming objections to close sales.
Customer Engagement and Sales:
- Greet and assist customers in the Drum Department, providing excellent service throughout their shopping experience.
- Understand customers' musical needs and guide them to suitable Drum and Percussion products.
- Actively promote and sell drum gear, ensuring sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Drum and Percussion inventory selection to confidently recommend solutions and options to customers and staying informed about new products and trends.
- Articulate the unique features and benefits of percussion instruments to customers, showcasing their value.
Merchandising and Operations
- Ensure the Drum Department is clean, organized, and merchandised according to company standards and planograms.
- Maintain accurate pricing and update displays to enhance the overall shopping experience.
- Execute daily operational tasks to ensure the Drum Department is well-maintained and ready for business.
- Monitor inventory levels, restock displays, and maintain a visually appealing and organized department.
- Participate in onboarding, certification, and ongoing education programs provided by the company.
- Attend and actively engage in vendor-provided training sessions to stay updated on industry developments.
Community Outreach and Vendor Relationships
- Foster relationships within the local drumming community.
- Actively participate in external promotions to increase awareness of the store's drum business.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with drum gear vendors.
- Attend vendor-related events and trainings, including potential travel, to stay connected with industry updates.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Drum and Percussion Equipment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for drumming and percussion instruments
- Previous experience in retail sales is preferred
- Previous in-store merchandising experience preferred
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to [email protected].