Pay Rate: $26.77-$29.20/hr. depending on location, background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Repairs and Rentals Specialist, you will be responsible processing warranty repair claims, following up on overdue rental returns, overseeing rental inventory replenishment, and coordinating Grand Opening rental assortment allocations all while supporting our culture of integrity, inclusion, musical passion, and respect.
A few special characteristics that make our Repairs and Rental Specialists successful:
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Able to use information gained from qualifying questions to provide customers with information or suggestions that build a sale beyond the repair itself and help customers enjoy their instruments more.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, store & customer expectations, claims processing, repair claims research, and vendor research.
As our Repairs and Rental Specialist, you will get to:
- Process warranty repair claim requests from all Guitar Center stores, ensuring thorough qualification of customer requirements through store repair technician claim requests.
- Submit claims to vendors in accordance with each vendor’s specified processes.
- Maintain daily repair logs and process various repair report functions in the POS system (Green Screen).
- Collaborate with Regional Loss Prevention Managers, District Managers, and Store Leadership teams to process daily overdue Rental returns and initiate the collections process.
- Monitor Rentals inventory throughout the chain, strategically deploying reserve inventory to drive Rental revenue with precision.
- Develop Rental inventory allocation strategies for new and existing stores to ensure each location has the gear they need to achieve their revenue targets.
- Work with the GC Training and Development team to create training materials that educate store associates on the Rentals and Repairs processes as a subject matter expert on Repairs and Rentals business operating procedures, providing assistance to stores as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic ability to calculate / process figures such as discounts, taxes, and percentages while accurately managing cash, credit, or check transactions.
- Novice understanding of stringed instrument maintenance and repair, and Pro Audio equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse teams.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously, making decisions with limited supervision and escalating when necessary.
- Previous experience in warranty processing, rentals management, or a related field. Previous experience with installing or working with Pro Audio equipment (PA Speakers, Amplifiers, mixers, general audio equipment, etc.)
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].