PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Infrastructure team is responsible for the availability and stability of all infrastructure related services across the enterprise. This includes systems in locations such as Retail Stores, Data Centers, Metro Area offices, and remote workforce.
The Senior DevOps Engineering role a technical role responsible for the implementation and management of hosting solutions for the enterprise. This role will work closely alongside other Senior DevOps Engineers in the day-to-day support of Servers, Storage, UCS/ESX, VMware, DNS, IAM, and other full stack infrastructure related technologies. The primary objective is to provide stability and resiliency for hardware, software, infrastructure related services and other advanced technologies supporting various lines of business.
- Implement and contribute to the improvement of processes to align with execution strategy for maintaining and developing new infrastructures in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Implements strong configuration management and technology certification processes – ensures that all technology solutions moving into production are ready for such a state and that all control measures are being properly followed
- Implements product lifecycle and refresh programs – responsible for proper adhering to designated budgets, coordination, and management of the deployment of lifecycle refreshes including organizing communication with the business segments for the implications of technology refreshes
- Operationally support and own all tools and platforms that influence the Distributed Server and Operating System function.
- Carries and maintains a relevant and up to date skill set in the areas of x86 hardware technology, Windows, Linux, VMware, clustering technologies, resilient infrastructure design and deployment and automation
- Stakeholder in the selection of tool sets and platforms and partners with other technologists to ensure that data-driven platform decisions are well thought out, documented, and socialized
- Ability to describe and differentiate the features, benefits and disadvantages of competing virtualization and cloud platforms
- Individual must be highly resourceful and independent with the ability to quickly learn multiple disciplines and achieve manufacturer certification levels
- Acts as support owner and contact for all hosting infrastructure environments, collaborating with other project team members and management orchestrate environment changes including software/hardware upgrades, and patches working with the vendor support for escalation of issues, including on-call rotation with Infrastructure operations team
- Respond to service tickets related to the operating system support and hosting ecosystems
- Assist in creation and documentation of day-to-day operational procedures
- Provide system reports on both a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Improve automation and productivity of provisioning and maintenance through scripting enhancements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- 3-5 years of experience in cross discipline tech stack management including:
- Experience with VMware based technologies (ESX/UCS, VDI)
- Experience with server OS technologies (Windows/Linux)
- CI/CD (Gitlab, Terraform)
- Cloud Providers (OCI/AWS/Azure)
- Enterprise Storage Platforms/Data Protection (Pure, Nimble, Commvault)
- Configuration and Package Management (Ansible/Rundeck/Tanium)
- IAM Services (Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta)
- Windows DNS/IPAM/RADIUS
- Exchange Server
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Jira/Service Now
Why Guitar Center? Here's just some of the rewards:
For our employees who are musicians we offer the unique opportunity of gig leave--take time off to share your music with the world and return to your job after your tour! Guitar Center offers robust benefits and perks, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plus company match, mental health support, paid sick/holiday/vacation time, employee discount program, and tuition reimbursement options.
Pay Rate: $116,000 - 150,000 /yr depending on background and experience.
The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.