Pay Rate: $19.57- $22.92/hr. depending on location, background, and experience. The job posting is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on actual experience, education, and other factors. The pay range(s) listed are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Facilities Associate, responsible for the daily corporate Shipping & Receiving and neatness including serving as an initial contact for all Support Center employees.
A few special characteristics that make our Facilities Associate successful:
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
- Customer Focus: Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of all customers and acts with customers in mind. Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (verbal, written, and presentation) with diverse individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise,
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective in a timely manner. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Facilities Associate, you will get to:
- Perform general shipping & receiving duties by accepting freight, sorting mail, and delivering internal packages.
- Delivery of inter-office mail daily to our onsite customers.
- Resolve shipping/receiving related requests/issues.
- Communicate verbally and electronically with core associates.
- Ensure neatness and organization of office space, loading dock, and warehouse.
- Assist Facilities team with office moves/set ups, including ordering, arranging, moving, and assembling furniture, including general office related requests and potential repairs, (i.e., hanging pictures and whiteboards, organizing storage areas).
- Maintain adequate Federal Express/UPS and mailing supplies and ensure available postage and distribute mail and packages to personnel daily.
- Maintain all office equipment such as copiers, copy paper restocking, manage document shred bins and postage machines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a Shipping & Receiving within a professional services environment.
- Ability to lift boxes and furniture up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to internal as well as external customers.
- Fundamental understanding of building systems such as mechanical, HVAC, lighting, security, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Previous experience with UPS WorldShip
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]